Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 10 mins
Total Time: 15 mins
For the Sauce
For the Stir Fry
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/4 yellow onion, sliced thin
- 3-5 Thai chili peppers OR Bird’s eye chili peppers, finely chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 pound organic, lean ground turkey
- 4-5 springs of Thai Basil leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thin
- 4-6 fresh baby corn, roughly chopped OR canned baby corn, drained
- 1 cup green beans, roughly chopped
- 3 green onions, roughly chopped for garnish
- prepared brown rice
- Prepare and chop your vegetables, and whisk together the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat the coconut oil in a wok or a heavy-based skillet over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onion, and allow it to cook for 30 seconds. Then add the chili peppers and garlic, and cook for an additional 30 seconds.
- Carefully add in the ground turkey and cook for about 8 minutes, breaking it up with the back of your spoon.
- Once the turkey is cooked through, add sauce and Thai basil. Allow it to cook another minute or so, and then transfer the cooked turkey to a large serving bowl, leaving the oil in the bottom of the pan.
- Return the wok or skillet back to the heat, and toss in the red bell pepper, baby corn, and green beans to sauté for 2-3 minutes. Transfer the veggies to your serving bowl, and garnish with green onion.
- Serve over prepared brown rice, and enjoy!