Total time: 15 mins
4 Large Carrots
2 Large Onions
2 Tinned Tomatoes
1 Clove of Garlic
2 tsp Stock Granules
Olive Oil (as required)
Salt & Pepper (as required)
1. Cut the carrots into flat strips.
2. Put the olive oil and garlic into a large pan on medium heat. Add the onions and fry until softened.
3. Add the carrots and fry until soft.
4. Pour in enough water to cover all the ingredients and add the stock granules. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add the tinned tomatoes and simmer for a further 15 minutes on medium heat. Turn the heat off and blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Garnish with finely chopped parsley or coriander and serve.